Sony KP-53xbr45 Rear Projection No Color

Old 06-23-08, 06:02 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sony KP-53xbr45 Rear Projection No Color

I have a 53 inch rear project Sony TV that I have had for 12 years. Recently the power went out in my home for 1 minute and the set was NOT on. Several hours later when I turned the set on the picture was black and white with no color. However, the three color lamps are on and the menu screen is in color and the PIP is in full color. I have tried to run the signal through a VCR and DVD and the picture is still b&w on the main screen. I have tried a system reset and have played with the menu adjusting the color balance and no luck. The set has been flashing a bright picture off and on over the past serveral months although not that noticeable and not sure that has anything to do with this problem. This happened two other times when the power was off, but both times the color returned after a short time. This time I have not been as lucky. Really do not want to spend a ton of money to fix a set that is 12 years old, but on the other hand I would like to avoid a new puchase right now. Any ideas?

Old 06-25-08, 04:33 PM
C
If the p-n-p is in color then try doing a swap.I think I remember those sets can change between the channel in the pip and the main screen.If it's still in b&w then unplug the set when you go to bed and plug it back up and ck it in the morning.

Old 06-28-08, 10:05 PM
M
I did both, but no luck. I was thinking it may be some type of relay switch if one exists. Thanks anyway.

Old 09-13-08, 02:31 PM
J
Same problem

We have the same problem as you!

Sony rear-projection screen TV. After a power outage, the main picture is black/white only (with all input sources). However, the PIP is perfect color, and the menus are green, as normal. I can't figure out if there's some sort of setting that got tripped, but if you figure it out, please let me know. (I'll do the same!).

Josh

Old 09-18-08, 10:33 AM
J
Fixed it

Mountaineers - if you're still around - I fixed the problem. let me know if you'd like a solution.

Old 09-18-08, 03:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joshlawrence
Mountaineers - if you're still around - I fixed the problem. let me know if you'd like a solution.

Post your fix here so future members can benefit, eh? Beer 4U2

Old 10-01-12, 05:12 PM
i have the same thing with a RCA. if you are still around please let me know what you found. Thank you

Old 01-08-13, 08:10 PM
S
Same issue with 53xbr45, please help!

I also have this exact problem as the original post. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I have tried the manual, looked online, and this seems like the most promising thread given that when I have PIP on and split screen I have two color screens, but if I put either on main screen without PIP it is black and white. I tried the swap pip but that jet makes that alternate video input black and white. So bizarre! Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: