Old 06-29-08, 10:40 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Coaxial vs RCA

Whats the difference between my coaxial audio output and my rca audio output

Old 06-29-08, 08:03 PM
N
sorry guys my keyboard died on me, what i've got is my tv is got rca audio outs and a coaxial audio out. I just got a powered sub that just needs a signal and i was wondering if this coaxial output would work for it. My rca outputs are currently used up.

Old 06-30-08, 03:45 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Coaxial RCA audio is digital S/PDIF. Unless the sub has a coax input it won't work. Does the audio receiver have a coax iput? If so, use that for the main sound and the RCAs for the sub.

Or, does the sub have RCA ins and outs? Usually that's a pass-through that allows the sub to tap the signal before it goes to the receiver.

One more: Does the receiver have a subwoofer output or a Tape Out?

Yet another: Can the sub accept a speaker line (usually called "high level") as an input?

Old 06-30-08, 07:52 AM
C
Another option would be to use Y audio splitters or piggyback cables, to feed that stereo analog RCA source to the sub and main speakers.

Old 06-30-08, 06:06 PM
N
thanks guys, my sub just has a single rca input. And my tv only has two rca outs and this coaxial out. The two rca's go to my really simple receiver, only has two rca inputs and only stereo speaker wire hook ups. so i'll end up taking one of my two rca's and using a Y to get to my sub. Thought maybe i could use that coaxial if i could, but i won't be able to then. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: