Where to put satellite receiver?

Old 07-05-08, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where to put satellite receiver?

I told the wife she could pick a new bedroom suit but I also wanted a flat panel tv to mount on the wall. My delima is what do I do with my satellite receiver? I had thought about cutting out the dry wall just below the tv and recess the receiver in the wall but that would still leave it sticking out about 5 inches. What are some ideas for solving this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-08, 10:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You can't recess it into the wall anyways, that would be illegal. You can have it rest on a cabinet or run wires in the wall to a acceptable location.

Old 07-05-08, 06:50 PM
You can get a reciever that uses a UHF remote.Dish has them.I change channels in my bedroom from the reciever in my living room.I ran the coax in the wall to come out behind the tv.There might be others but I know the one from dish works great.No reciever or box of any kind to put in the bedroom.

Old 07-14-08, 06:16 PM
I stained a piece of wood and mounted it between my dresser and wall mounted tv, right under the TV. It looks pretty good, ran all the cables through the wall. I hated it sitting on my dresser.

Old 07-16-08, 07:05 AM
I wanted to mount the receiver behind the tv but I figured the remote would not work because of there would be no line of site between the receiver and the remote. I've heard of rf converters and didn't really wanna add anymore wires or components. I went to the Directv site and waddaya know they have rf remotes that will work from any room of the house. I was very relieved so now I'm going tv shopping!