RCA 1994 Projection TV Problem: Chip board?

Old 07-11-08, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question RCA 1994 Projection TV Problem: Chip board?

Hello,

Well I have a 1994 RCA 52'' projection TV (P527568SB). I had it fixed before (they said it was the power supply). It ran for a year and then one day it just cut off and we could not power it back on. Now I had not taken a look at it till now.
The plug that runs from the front control button panel to the chip board is melted on. Now would that be the problem. The melted plug stopping from me being able to turn on the tv? Is there anyway to bypass it to test to see if it's just the plug/panel? ALSO can I repair it? Like get another board?

PICTURES:

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-08, 08:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Very good possibility it is preventing the TV to come on. Those connectors look extremely close to that center light gun, which gets VERY hot. If you can find a replacement connector/board somewhere, I would apply some thermal wrap between the light gun and part.

Old 07-11-08, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
Very good possibility it is preventing the TV to come on. Those connectors look extremely close to that center light gun, which gets VERY hot. If you can find a replacement connector/board somewhere, I would apply some thermal wrap between the light gun and part.

Well. I looked at it again and I'm still not sure if that's the problem, because I can get the plugs out easy. I mean it looks like glue or melted plastic, but the plugs are fine. I'm not sure what's going on with this TV. I wanted to save it because it was a fine TV.

Old 07-18-08, 08:18 AM
There is nothing wrong with that board.Thats just some wax used to help make sure some connections don't come loose.
How well can you solder?Do you have a multimeter?
If the answers are good and yes then PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through fixing it.

Old 07-19-08, 06:39 AM
Craftsman, we'd prefer it if you would keep the instructions public. That way everyone can benefit.