RCA 32" Flyback and HOT replacement help...please.

Old 07-13-08, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RCA 32" Flyback and HOT replacement help...please.

32" RCA model:F32TF720 chassis:ATC113CD2

Shutdown, now only a squeal when plugged in...no click, nothing...but "SQUEAL".

From reading, asking, etc determined it is likely the flyback. Going to order a new flyback and HOT.

I am looking for some help on how to change them out.

I am an electrician(12 years) with minimal electronics experience. I do have a couple of meters and some knowledge of circuitry. I do service/maintenance work so troubleshooting is part of my job. Just not that much with electronics. I used to work with satelite recievers and this is not the first TV I have opened.

1. what is used to "glue" the one piece back onto the tube? Or do I leave the existing one and pull that wire out of flyback(if that is possible)?

2. do these 3 wires simply pull out of the flyback as I have read others(other TV's) that do. Or do I have to get them off of the CRT board and tube?

3. should I be checking any other caps, resistors, transistors along the way?

4. Anywhere I can find a service guide/manual online? Looked a bit with no success. But I know that the experienced people on here may have other resources I can not find.

Thanks for any help and suggestions offered. I understand there may not be a definitive answer without more questions/answers/checks.

I am a DIY'er in every aspect of life. I will try to fix anything. Doesn't always happen...but I am not scared to rip it apart.

Great forum to find,

Brad

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-08, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
rca 32"

hi, some ans to your questions. the heavy red wire going to the pict tube from the fly unsnaps. make sure you discharge it first. there is a company called sams photofacts that probably has the troubleshooting literature your looking for. sometimes when those parts go bad a protective componet opens to relieve the overcurrent condition. as far as i know youll have to unsolder bad parts. hope some of this helps.