Bose Lifestyle 18

Old 07-20-08, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bose Lifestyle 18

Hello,

I have a Bose Lifestyle 18 system with bass woofer cabinet and main receiver. However, I do not have the Bose cube speakers.

If I decide to use an different vendor for my satellite speakers will it be compatible with the Bose system?

Thanks,

JB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-08, 08:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm pretty sure you can, but you might have to crimp on the correct connectors. You also need to find out the proper wattage and impedance that matches the Bose module.

Old 07-21-08, 05:24 AM
Bose is always close-lipped when it comes to specifications on their systems, so it's nearly impossible to say what the actual speaker ratings are.

Their philosophy is a bit different from other manufacturers: They design a cheap speaker that's tough but doesn't sound good without the extensive EQ and processing that's done in their ampilifiers. Consequently, other manufacturers' speakers -- even the best -- will usually sound tinny and unnatural on a Bose system, and Bose can then claim that no other manufacturer's gear sounds as good as theirs. They do this to force you to buy only their products.

But it's worth a try.