Toshiba 27" TV not starting correctly

Old 08-09-08, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toshiba 27" TV not starting correctly

Hello,
I am working with a Toshiba 27" TV model 27a34. I had to replace a zener diode in the chroma section and repair a burnt trace on the board to correct a horizontal width problem. I also had to replace the vertical IC after the vertical collapsed. The set now works correctly other than when I go to start it up for the first time. After I reinstall the chassis I have to press the power button 3-4 times before the set will power up. Once it comes on, and if the set is left plugged in it will power up ok afterwards. But if I were to unplug the set and allow it to discharge the I have to press the power button more than once to get it started again. I went through and resoldered most all of the connections in the set, especially the ones in the power supply section and in the vertical and horizontal sections. I also replaced the on/off push button.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-08, 10:49 AM
That model didn't pull up on the toshiba web site.But sounds like it's an older set and just takes a bit to stabilize the standby circiuts.Since it works fine after that I would say your done fixing the set.Don't drive yourself crazy trying to fix a problem thats very minor and not going to hurt the set.

Old 08-09-08, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reply,
Unless someone else chimes in with something concrete
I'll consider the set finished. I'll just have to alert the customer
that it may "initially" take a series of clicks of the power button
to first get it started.