LXI projection TV with sound but no picture

Old 09-06-08, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LXI projection TV with sound but no picture

I have an old 52" LXI projection screen TV, the picture will not come on. The sound is fine but no picture. It was taking about 15 minutes for a picture to come on but now nothing. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-08, 01:21 PM
Post the model # and age of tv in case it's to old to pull the model # up.
First thing you can do is pull the speaker grills off the front and gain access to the bottom of the crts. Look to see if you can see a faint glow from the bottom of them.Thats going to be the filaments of the crts and will let me know if the high voltage transformer is running or not.The transformer runs the filaments.

Old 09-08-08, 05:38 PM
The model number is 62654462950. I removed the front access panel behind the speaker cover, there is a faint glow in the filament. After reading a few past posts on this same matter I read about the TV needing a coolant fluid. I removed the front screen and noticed that there are 3 small bottles, one attached to each lamp. They do look empty. They look like the just turn out to be removed. If this is the problem how do I refill them and what kind should I buy? I bought the TV in 1990/91. I do not have a manual on it. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by emanneercs; 09-08-08 at 05:39 PM. Reason: left part of detail out
Old 09-08-08, 08:04 PM
Power it on and put on an active channel.Look down into the crts and see if you can see a picture.The coolant is important but will not stop you from getting any picture at all.

Old 09-16-08, 07:16 AM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I powered the TV on, I could not see a picture when looking at the crts.

Old 09-16-08, 05:23 PM
OK.It looks as if the flyback transformer is running but the set does not have high voltage to run the crts.There is a large red wire coming out of the flyback.It will go to the high voltage splitter that has a red wire going to each crt.The splitter could be bad.Check it out physically to see if there are any cracks in it.

Old 09-17-08, 08:04 PM
OK, I checked the red wires, they all look good. I didn't see any bad wires or connections.

Old 09-17-08, 09:11 PM
Ok .It's most likely the high voltage divider has gone bad.It is a common failure in big screens.
You don't have info about yourself in the profile page.Troubleshooting past this point involves extremely high voltage and would not be safe.
Your best bet is to replace the divider.
Since it's an LXI ,you can call sears service and give them the model # to see if the part is still available.

Old 09-18-08, 10:21 AM
Thanks for your help. I will chwck into it.