53" Sony Projection TV mirror

Old 09-18-08, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
53" Sony Projection TV mirror

I have a 53" Sony projection TV that fell during transport to my new house. The mirror is in several pcs. but it will power up, has sound and all 3 bulbs still project!! I have called several TV repair shops about getting a new mirror but they cant get me one since the TV is more than 10 years old. The model number is KP-53S25. I think I can have a new mirror cut by a local shop but dont know the size. Can anyone help with this? Can I measure the back case somehow to get that dimension?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-08, 04:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
http://www.highreflectivemirrors.com/

Give those guys a call. They should be able to call up the mirror specs from the model #, but I'm guessing the mirror is 53" from corner-corner (diagnonally).

Old 09-18-08, 09:10 PM
The part # for the mirror is 4-048-181-01 .It's no longer available.
What you can do is: there is a slanted mount that holds the mirror on each side of the cabinet.Cut a piece of cardboard that fits in place and rests in place on top of those supports.The mirror is a little wider than those supports.It fits all the way to the rear of the cabinet and extends a little past the front edge of the supports.
When you think you have the cardboard cut to about the right size,cover it with foil and put it in place.put the screen back on and then check the picture.Trial and error here,but when the picture fills out the screen,BINGO! you have the shape and size of a replacement mirror.

Old 09-19-08, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your help guys. Will try it this weekend and see how it turns out. Thanks again!