Help! - interference PHILIPS LCD - HELP!

Old 10-04-08, 08:04 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help! - interference PHILIPS LCD - HELP!

Hello,

My name is Elijah, this is my first post. A friend gave me a 19" LCD PHILIPS set. Model # 17pf8946a/37 serial bz 1ao439844176

It had some kind of weird interference that I can not figure out. It seems like its in the TV set. I have tried multiple inputs, outlets, turned off everything in the house, etc.

It doesn't display the interference unless the picture has reached full brightness. If I turn the TV on and while I see that the screen is still escalating in brightness there is not interference. but once it gets completley on then the interference appears. It happend wether its cable, rca, etc.
Also I hooked up my DVD, Cable, and digital camera.

What could it be? I tried to put a pic mabey it will help!

http://www.advancedpowerwashing.net/...s/PA040214.JPG
http://www.advancedpowerwashing.net/...s/PA040215.JPG
http://www.advancedpowerwashing.net/...s/PA040216.JPG

You can see in the "ss" of spyglass what i mean. there is also a weird line / bar jumping around the screen randomly.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Old 10-04-08, 08:32 PM
C
Now I have found that hooking up the TV as a monitor, actually fixes the problem. I am going to try the hi def RGB things. It looks crystal clear as a monitor, hooked up to my laptop.

But the composite, and coax, and that other one with 3 wires looks just the same. with interference, the only crystal clear one is PC montor even the FM tuner looks funny.

Old 10-04-08, 10:30 PM
C
Ok, I am no expert by any means, but through alot of research - I am beginning to think it is the scaler. I could be wrong... but anyways - here is the number if anyone has any info

LCO3-SCALER 3139 123 5680.5 v2 WK338.5 side B

I read a post where someone had a bad capacitor on one of those, although there was no explanation of the symptoms. and I found one used for $65

also I have seen repair kits, why would there be repair kits unless there is an ongoing problem?

I have looked all over and have not seen any broken solder links.

Please help! thanks!

Old 10-05-08, 11:24 AM
C
LCD tvs don't need to warm up to full brightness.If your set comes on dim and slowly gets brighter then sounds like you have a power supply problem.

Old 10-05-08, 04:03 PM
C
Its not so much "warming up" as when I first start it it escalates to full brightness. first the lcd light comes on, then the picture fades in.

Also when I have it hooked up as a monitor, to my laptop the display is crisp and perfect. almost like its something to do with the TV signal processing. the only inputs affected are

Coax
composite
s video
component

the only one that looks good is the monitor function. I was thinking mabey the scaler board went bad, but it has the monitor hookup in it too.

Old 10-05-08, 04:35 PM
C
Well the RGB input is analog.The others are digital.I don't have access to a board list for this model.The problem is going to be with the digital processing circuit.Without a diagram I can't say what board the most likely parts are on.Since it was free,would make a nice size computer monitor.If it's another board it could get costly to repair.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: