jvc av-27bx4

Old 11-03-08, 07:43 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
jvc av-27bx4

hi, i have an older jvc tv that has been working good for a long time, but reciently when i turn it on all i get is a white line across the center of the screen... the sound is fine but i cannot get the picture to work normally... i was wondering if i could repair it or if it was better to just get a new one... thanks!

mark

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-08, 03:24 AM
C
If you have good soldering skills it's an easy fix.The vertical output ic is bad and mayby a cap or 2.Did it have distortion at the top of the picture for awhile before it went out?

Old 11-04-08, 03:24 PM
O
no... i dont remember any distortion... but i may have not noticed it... and do you know where i can get info on how to fix this? i can solder pretty good but i have no idea where the vertical output ic is... lol

thanks alot for the help by the way

mark

Old 11-04-08, 06:08 PM
C
The part # is LA7837 .It will be mounted on a heat sink.Has 13 legs and is about 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick.You can google it and find a place to get it and maybe a pic of what it looks like.

Old 11-13-08, 07:15 PM
J
Originally Posted by craftsman_50 View Post
If you have good soldering skills it's an easy fix.The vertical output ic is bad and mayby a cap or 2.Did it have distortion at the top of the picture for awhile before it went out?
I have a Sanyo TV with the same problem. But mine DID have distortion at the top of the picture for a long time. A bunch of horizontal lines appeared on the top two inches of the screen. Why did you ask if there was distortion - does that point to something specific?

Old 11-14-08, 03:42 AM
C
The distortion is cause by a cap going bad.I you replace the cap soon you won't have to replace the ic.The bad cap if not replacd will cause the ic to fail.

Old 11-14-08, 09:31 AM
J
Originally Posted by craftsman_50 View Post
The distortion is cause by a cap going bad.I you replace the cap soon you won't have to replace the ic.The bad cap if not replacd will cause the ic to fail.
Thanks for the response. When the vertical collapse first started, I could hit the side of the TV and it would correct itself. But now even that does not work anymore. I resoldered the IC with no luck, so I am going to try to replace it. How would I determine which caps may need to be replaced as well?

Old 11-14-08, 04:09 PM
C
There are usually only about 3 electrolitic caps located close by the ic.Since you may have to order the part may as well replace them too,they are cheap.