RCA model P52927, will not power up

Old 11-26-08, 05:39 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RCA model P52927, will not power up

I have an RCA rear projection TV model P52927. Recently a comcast tech was checking our cable service and per my wifes interpretation applied 110v to the cable port while the set was plugged into 110v but turned off. She states that she heard a "pop" sound. Afterwards the set will not power up. I removed the rear cover and found fuse # F14201 blown. I replaced the fuse with the correct 5 amp 250v fuse and plugged in the cord. There was an elctrical"buzz" or "hiss". I immediately unplugged the cord.I found resistor R14125 appeared to damaged. Capacitor C14127 may also be damaged as evidence of light "sooting" on an adjacent panel. These components are all on what appears to be the power supply board and with in a few sq inches of each other.

I'm trying to decide if i should purchase a sams photofacts and try to fix the board or bail out on this tv.

I'm not an electronics expert but i am not totally ignorant of electronics and electricity. I have a digital DVOM and with some guidance I think I may be able to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-08, 06:31 AM
C
I would do some major complaining to the cable company and have them pay to fix it.The tech knew when he heard the pop and the tv would not power on he made a mistake.

Old 11-27-08, 09:07 AM
M
We contacted comcast complaint dept. and they sent us a check that covers our loss. I would just like to see if I can fix this before I toss it.

Old 11-27-08, 10:14 AM
C
I have not pulled the diagrams , but all the damage should be confined to the AC power supply.Normally will get a couple of diodes and a cap,maybe the voltage regultor.