media room

Old 12-24-08, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
media room

Hi,

i am wondering a few things in regards to my media room, first off i am looking at purchasing about a 60"-70" tv for my downstairs media room. i would like to hang this tv on the wall and have a nice stand to store my blue ray player ect,

next i would like to go with 7.1 surround sound. i would like to use in celling and wall speakers, any suggestions on speakers, or any other setups that would work. this is a dedicated media room so i can have it up pretty loud without the wife getting angry.

i am going to be getting HD reciever too. any other components anyone would recommend? i have about $12,000 to do my room but i gotta buy furniture also.

thanks for all the help and merry christmas to all.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-08, 10:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would get a power conditioner for your equipment. APC makes one like this; but you can find others that offer more protection if you want to spend more money.

Buy the APC AV Black J Type 1.5kVA Conditioner with Battery Backup and other Surge protectors & UPS at circuitcity.com

Paradigm is a decent brand inwall/ceiling speaker:

In-Wall / In-Ceiling

There are numerous different arrangements, but you need to decide what part of that 12k you are going to spend on furniture and equipment. I'de rather spend less on furniture, and more on equipment.