Whats causing horizontal lines on Sanyo 28" TV

Old 01-04-09, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whats causing horizontal lines on Sanyo 28" TV

When just turned on, the screen also goes black as (as if its turned off), after about 45-1hr the lines are more/less gone. Its a Sanyo CB6649 and has C28EH25NB on the back too.

Its about 14years old, but I'm reluctant to throw it out and would like it fixed if its possible. I was told its the tube, then told its either one of the i/c (integrated circuits) boards. if this either of these are the problem, where can get them, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-09, 12:36 PM
Post back if you have good soldering skills.At 14 years old it's not worth taking to a repair shop,the money would be wiser spent toward a new tv.

Old 01-05-09, 04:31 AM
Yes I'm good at soldering and we got a new tv at the week end but I just like my sanyo as its lever let me down in the 14 yrs.

So you think it'd be waste of time taking it for repair, oh well, I'm still very reluctant to throw it out though

Old 01-05-09, 05:21 AM
Since you can solder there is no harm in trying to DIY.Post more detail about what's going on with the picture and I'll give you some things to check for.

Old 01-06-09, 05:07 AM
When its turned on (from cold so to speak) the picture comes on for about 2-5mins, then alot of horizontal lines come on all accross the from front from end to end. Theres alot of them and about 5-6" in hight, then after a few secs the whole screen goes black as if its turned off altogether, then come back on with the lines as above. It does this whole sequence for about 45-1hr, then its fine.

When I asked a shop about it they said (like you said too) its seen "better day" and to bin it. But someone else said it was either of the IC boards that can be replaced, but its finding them!

Old 01-06-09, 05:48 AM
It could be some trash has lodged in the neck of the crt.Or the screen control in the flyback is going bad.First thing to do is to find the screen control.It's on the transformer with the red wire going to the top of the crt.Should be 2 controls,screen on bottom ,focus on top,on the same side of the transformer facing where they can be easily adjusted.
With the tv off give the screen control a number of turns back and forth to try to clean the control contacts.Set it in the middle of its range and turn on the set.This controls the picture brightness so after the picture comes on you may have to adjust it to get the picture back normal.If you go to far clockwise you will see those lines back on the picture.
Post back and let me know if it helped any.