Toshiba 51H94 Projection TV Sound Problem

Old 01-07-09, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Toshiba 51H94 Projection TV Sound Problem

I have a Toshiba, rear projection HD big screen TV model 51H94 that I bought in 2005. Up to now it has given me no trouble. Just recently the sound has gone crazy. It is VERY loud, little or no Bass and the volume control is screwy. On the 0 to 100 level scale It goes silent at 25 and below and from 50 to 75, then it Blasts from 25 to 50 and 75 to 100. You can adjust the level while it is blasting from a blast to an ANNOYING blast. I have hooked my Directv box and my DVD player into my bookshelf stereo and muted the TV sound but I would like to fix the problem. Can anyone tell me how complicated the fix may be and what I would need to do to fix it? I am pretty handy and may be able to do the work....Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-09, 05:56 PM
First thing to try is to reset the tv.In the control panel on the tv,the last button on the right should be labeled "reset".You have to use a paperclip or pencil point to press it.If that doesn't work try unplugging the set when you go to bed and leave it unplugged all night.Post back and let me know what happens.

Old 01-08-09, 02:14 PM
Thanks Craftsman_50

I tried the reset but it did nothing. I will unplug everything tonight and post the results tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Old 01-09-09, 01:24 PM
No dice

I unplugged the entire system for almost 18 hours and nothing changed....any other suggestions?