need some help

Old 02-03-09, 06:49 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need some help

hi i hope im in the right forum i got a samsung digimax a50 and every time i hit the button to take a pic it takes like 5sec before it actully snaps the pic any one have this problem

Old 02-05-09, 03:57 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Make sure the self timer is off. This is a menu item. The self timer allows you to set the camera on a tripod or table and delay the photo so you have time to get yourself into the frame.

Old 02-06-09, 08:28 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
yep its off thanks for your reply

Old 02-06-09, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hey...no expert...but is it taking that long to actually take the picture..or is it taking that long to write it to memory and then display on the screen? Are you using the internal memory, or do you have an SD card in it?

Does it have a sound turned on for the shutter sound...a click or a beep?

Does it do it in all modes/resolutions? What about in video mode?

The self timer should be about 10 sec..so seems its much shorter than that.

Old 02-06-09, 04:24 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I thought the self timer can be set for 2 to 10 seconds? It was my first thought.

Sorry about the simplistic explanation, Fox, but sometimes the obvious is overlooked. I've spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot a problem only to find the cable unplugged.

As Gunguy suggested, check the memory to see if it's either full or the files are so fragmented by multiple deletes/retakes that it's taking a long time to access the memory. I also had a memory stick go bad once and it took a few seconds to access it.

Another thing ... did you change batteries and are now experiencing a five-second delay between photos with the flash on?

Just throwing it all out there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: