Help with cleaning projectors on Toshiba projecton TV

Old 02-16-09, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with cleaning projectors on Toshiba projecton TV

OK, I've got a Toshiba 61H70 projection tv which I want to do a little interior dusting on, its now 7 years old. Got the screen off no problem and the tops of the projectors cleaned. (Yes I used microfiber!) Now I notice I have some sort of alien bug right in the middle of the red projector (inside) and a fair amount of dust. What I'm concerned about is where to unbolt the projector. There seems to be a 3-4" tube which holds the lens and then a base. Due to the magnification of the lens I can't tell where the most beneficial spot to start disassembling would be. Also am I going to totally screw up the alignment of the projectors in the process of doing this? I'm a handy kind of guy, but I've never attempted this before. Any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-09, 06:04 AM
There are 4 screws ( bolts ) that hold the lens assymbly to the face of the crt.If you look carefully you can see them going through the plastic lense mount.Those can be removed without making any changes to the lense.Then just clean and replace the lense mount and it will not change any adjustments.

Old 02-19-09, 06:51 PM
Thanks! Got them all cleaned good as new. It really sharpened things up.