Samsung DVD player freezes...

Old 02-17-09, 07:52 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung DVD player freezes...

This DVD player is less than a year old, I believe. We tried to purchase one that was not quite "top of the line" but came highly recommended! It started freezing a few months ago and now it seems to happen more frequently. We just tried a cleaning DVD and that did nothing! Is this thing junk and it's time to buy a new one? One more ? that's a little off topic, when will it be time to seriously think about buying a Blue Ray instead of possible wasting $ on a "standard" player? Thanx for any and all help!!!

Old 02-17-09, 03:58 PM
C
Taking it to get fix will cost more than a new one.I've been having good luck with the cheap players in the $30 - $40 range.I would wait as long as possible to buy a BlueRay player.The manufacterers are hurting for sales and the prices should drop dramaticly by next x-mas.

Old 02-17-09, 04:22 PM
W
Thanx for the "heads up" concerning Blue Ray!!! It seems that you don't think there's something that I could/should do to fix my Samsung? We did purchase $40ish Sony and so far so good but I really hate to just throw away my $100 Samsung, which is less than a year old...I think I stated that in my first post...pardon me. I didn't plan on taking it somewhere to get fixed, as I agree with what you said but I really hoped there would be some kind of magical trick to get it playing good again!!!

Old 02-17-09, 04:58 PM
P
This might seem like a dumb response, but I want to let you know that I am not trying to put you down. Have you checked the bottom of your DVD's? Are they consistently scratched and/or dirty? Usually if my DVD player freezes, that is the problem.

Old 02-17-09, 05:22 PM
W
Not a dumb response at all...sometimes people miss/overlook the obvious, actually, more often then not! We use Netflix and and usually don't play the movies in our "library". I have already unhooked my Samsung and hooked up our new cheap Sony. I guess I better hook it back up and see if it freezes with our movies and not just Netflix, which are really beat up 99% of the time! I'll try and test things out tomorrow and check back here when I'm done. Thanx to you both for your help and keep up the great work on this site as it really is an excellent site!!!!

Old 02-18-09, 03:06 PM
W
Well, I played a brand new dvd in my Samsung and guess what, not one freeze up...played great!!! So I guess that I can only play dvd's that are in excellent shape, which completely rules out any and all dvd's from Netflix...or is there something I can do about this? Thanx for all of everyone's help!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: