Audio tape deck malfunction

Old 02-17-09, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Audio tape deck malfunction

Hi. I have dual tape deck, Pioneer CT-W502R. The tape deck A quit working after I cleaned the heads, rollers and posts with alcohol and a q-tip. Prior to cleaning it worked fine. Now the tape just sits there and it doesn't play, I keep pushing the forward play button, I hear a screeching sound, it switches to reverse and cuts off after a few seconds. Same thing happened to Deck B after cleaning but it started working and is working fine. Can anyone give me a heads up on this please? Thanks a bunch.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-09, 05:42 AM
Sounds like it may have a loose belt ( sqeeking noise ).I would reclean it. I actually use lighter fluid ( probably get some flack on that..lol ) but it cleans well and doesn't leave any residue and dries fast.

Old 02-18-09, 06:19 AM
to craftsman_50

I opened the unit up to see if all moving parts were intact and functional, checked the belt and it seems to be intact, in the grooves and functional and as tight as on the other deck. I also recleaned it. Screeching noise is gone however it still is cutting off after a few seconds when I press the play button. I had it running momentarily this morning. Its like it won't engage the gears, which are functional, to rotate. Could it be electrical, not mechanical? Any ideas or advice?