Memorex Digital TV problems

Old 02-18-09, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Memorex Digital TV problems

Hi there,

I was hoping somebody here might know what is going on with my tv. I purchased a new tv in July 2008. It was a Memorex 20" tv that had a built in digital tuner.

When I hooked everything up and turned it on, in the top right corner, it says "ATV", which I assume is analog tv. I looked through all of the menu settings and read through the manual but it does not say how to switch it to DTV.

I was hoping somebody might have an idea how to switch to DTV or know what is going on.

The only station I pick up here is a local Fox station, and it is broadcasting in digital as well as analog already. I have a converter box and the station somewhat comes in through there. I would prefer to use my tv's digital tuner though over the converter box, due to the amount of issues it has.

Thank you in advance.
- Jennifer

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-09, 05:48 AM
It should automatically pick it up doing a channel scan.If your very far from the station the digital signal may not be reaching you.

Old 02-18-09, 06:05 AM
No Analog/DTV button on remote? There must be something you missed, either on the remote, or in the sttings. I've been under the impression that all TV's had a A-D switch somewhere.

Old 02-18-09, 01:38 PM
It should automatically pick it up doing a channel scan.If your very far from the station the digital signal may not be reaching you.
I am very far, but it gets picked up through the converter box, just not the tv's built in tuner. I have an outdoor antenna to help boost the signals better because I am so far away. The signals for analog came through perfect all these years on the few channels I do get where I live.

No Analog/DTV button on remote? There must be something you missed, either on the remote, or in the sttings. I've been under the impression that all TV's had a A-D switch somewhere.
I thought I was missing something too, and I've looked through the settings and read through the manual several times since I got it, and I still can't find how to switch.

In the Manual (MT2028D-BLK) at the bottom of Page 18, it says "For additional DTV menu options, see page 24."... It doesn't mention DTV options anywhere on page 18, so I'm not sure why it says "additional" options. On page 24, it says "Follow the instructions below, and on the following pages, to set options available only when the DTV signal is received. It continues on about setting CC mode options for DTV.

It doesn't say how to switch between analog and digital anywhere in the manual that I've seen, and there's nothing on the remote to do it either.

Old 02-18-09, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It could be as simple as the fact it's kind of a cheaper TV...sorry Jennifer..but its just a rebranded something or other.

May be that the digital signal is reduced power and the TV just can't get it.

Craftsman is pretty much THE MAN on this kind of stuff....he'll be back later.

Old 02-18-09, 01:59 PM
Thanks gunguy It's the only tv brand I could find around here that wasn't HD and beyond my price range.

I did contact their tech support about it not long after I bought the tv but I never heard anything back from them.

Old 02-18-09, 07:28 PM
Well it will pick up the digital signal when its strong enough.If they are still broadcasting analog,there's a chance they are not transmitting the digital signal at full strength yet.Until they totally switch off the analog signal it's just wait and see time.You can punch in your zip code at antennaweb.org and find out what you should be able to recieve.

Old 02-18-09, 07:38 PM
Hmm, thanks. I looked at that website and it doesn't list anything that I can pick up here, even on analog. I wasn't sure what any of the stations listed were, and none of the ones I do pick up where on the list.