TV won't turn on

Old 02-23-09, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TV won't turn on

Hello everyone hope you can help.

I have a flat screen LCD TV (i don't have the make/model to hand, i will get them later) i believe it is a "digiman" - bit of an unknown make.

Last night i turned the TV off by the tv switch as normal. Everything was fine.

This morning i turned it on and nothing happened. No standby light, no strange noises, no pops or clicks.

The TV uses a "kettle lead" for the power, i've checked this and it is fine, i've also checked the wall socket and that is fine too, so the problem definately is with the TV.

Is there anything i can do to locate where the problem might be? could it be the switch itself? a fuse? a ciruit board. At least if i can rule our some problems i can start to find what is causing it.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-09, 05:12 AM
You may have blown a fuse.The maual power switch that cuts off all power to the tv was not meant to be used to turn the tv set on and off on a daily basis.

Old 02-23-09, 11:20 AM
thanks for th info, i opened it up and turns out i have blown a fuse, but also a chip of some kind (labelled as IC806 on the circuit board) i replaced the fuse and tried again that this time it went puff.

Any idea how i can identify this chip (the serial number printer on it has been burnt away)

it's small, black, and has 4 silver connectors either side that connect into the circuit board - is it replaceable?

Old 02-23-09, 01:48 PM
It could be a bridge rectifier, which can be replaced by a technician.

Old 02-24-09, 05:53 AM
You could try searching for the service manual on the net.A lot of them are free.