Magnavox TV

Old 03-10-09, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Magnavox TV

Hello, hope someone can help with this.

I have a Magnavox TV, model unknown but it's a CRT type and while trying to turn it off last night, I must have hit a wrong button using the cable system's new remote and now I have some numbers and letters on the bottom of the screen that I can't get to go away. It also won't turn off without unplugging it. Unplugging it don't reset anything either. When I plug it back in, it is still on and has the numbers/letters. I can change those with the remote which affects the picture so they must be settings of some sort.

3 A 10 1F <---is what it says

Any ideas how to get those to clear off?

Thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-09, 04:33 PM
About how old and what size is the tv?

Old 03-10-09, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Craftsman. I'm thinking it's mid 90's? maybe late. I do have a model number now it's 27Y100-00AA and the size is 26" diagonally.

I've figured out the 3 in that is the channel...but it don't matter, I just need to get it all off my screen. I think it's blocking the remote from working right..like it's in a program or settings mode that won't clear. I don't have the original remote for the set. Can't figure out how it got on the screen nor how to get it off.

Last edited by MickinKS; 03-10-09 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 04:08 PM
How about some way to reset everything back to default?? Is there a way to do that? Maybe that would clear the numbers/letters off??

I can't watch the thing because my eyes are being constantly drawn to those.

Old 03-11-09, 06:20 PM
Posted a picture of the problem. If you go to The Mini Worlds of Michael and scroll to the bottom of the top blog entry you can see a pic of the TV and the problem.

Old 03-12-09, 12:47 AM
Finally got it to clear. Thank you to anyone who was thinking on the problem.

In case anyone else gets a similar problem, I held the on/off button on the TV pressed while unplugging and plugging it back in several times and the last time, it didn't come back on when I plugged it back in. I hit the button again and it came on..without the digits on the screen. The remote started working again also. The screen is a lot sharper also so it must have reset something or I did while changing those numbers and letters while trying to get them off the screen.