Wireless speakers interference

Old 03-26-09, 05:55 AM
Wireless speakers interference

I have been getting a lot of regular interference lately on my Procom remote wireless speakers. In the past it has only been intermittent. The interference takes the form of lost signal & a lot of buzzing, not phantom radio channels.
I'm not sure if the problem is the speakers which are in a room along w/ a PC, lights, etc. or the transmitter. In any event, the set-up was exactly the same when the interference was substantially less.
Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks, Nick.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-09, 06:40 AM
Since you stated the speakers have always had this problem,It could be the speakers have always had a defect.Try relocating the speakers to different places around the house to see if it clears up the problem.

Old 03-26-09, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Have you tried turning items off selectively to see if the interference stops?
In another thread a failing P/S in a PC was interfering with a garage door opener in the next room. Strange, I know, but thats what was reported.

Old 03-26-09, 07:50 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by Nick Diamand View Post
I have been getting a lot of regular interference lately on my Procom remote wireless speakers. In the past it has only been intermittent. The interference takes the form of lost signal & a lot of buzzing, not phantom radio channels.
I'm not sure if the problem is the speakers which are in a room along w/ a PC, lights, etc. or the transmitter. In any event, the set-up was exactly the same when the interference was substantially less.
Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks, Nick.
Wireless lets see low modulated mostly fm..interference buzzing- ungrounded lighting fixtures or just plain location of tramsmitter my be problem..Try relocating..field test with handheld old am radio near electric equipment..

Mine started crackling noises then popping along with signal shifts..I finally bit the bullet and ran wires under carpet near floor then up in wall out under crown moulding..

Just no sure fire solution..

Have A Great Day!!

Old 03-26-09, 07:41 PM
Many things can cause interference with wireless speakers....microwaves, wireless routers, cellphones, power cords..etc.

Think of anything you may have gotten recently. ...heck..sometimes it can even be something the neighbors have gotten. I started receiving CB through my computer speakers from a neighbor a street away. Took me the longest time to figure it out..thought I was going nuts.

Old 03-27-09, 09:27 PM
Did you buy a new cordless phone recently? The reason I ask is, one of our customers lost functionality of a wireless system because the new phone constantly pinged all the wifi channels.

Old 03-28-09, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the tip but didn't buy a cellphone. Will keep on experimenting!Nick

Old 03-28-09, 01:20 PM
Not a cell phone, but a home cordless phone. Some may interfere with the speakers, since they may use nearby frequencies.

Old 03-29-09, 05:33 AM
Mea culpa! I did buy a new combined corded/cordless recently. The main set is in the same room as the speakers & one of the cordless phones is in a room near the transmitter.
Should I be shielding the phone AC wire in some way?
Thanks, Nick.

Old 03-30-09, 04:30 AM
Unplug the phone, including the AC power supply. If the speakers start working you've found the culprit. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to shield it.

Old 03-30-09, 07:13 PM
You should get a different cordless phone set that works on differernt frequencies than your current phone and speakers..

Old 03-31-09, 06:45 AM
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. It isn't the phone & I suspect it may well be my neighbour's satellite dish. Nothing I can do about that except get wired speakers, I guess.
Thanks again, Nick.