Stripping Audio off Satallite Coax output

Old 04-06-09, 01:06 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stripping Audio off Satallite Coax output

I want to run the audio from my satallite receiver coax output into my central music system. Do I use a signal splitter first as the coax feeds a TV? The music system takes standard RCA left right inputs. Can I get both left and right audio signals off? What fittings do I use to accomplish this?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-09, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Not familiar with sat, always had cable. Unless your music system can receive and decode sat signals, or you buy some sort of componant that can...I don't think it will work. They don't just feed an audio signal, it has to be modulated/encoded somehow

You can't just feed the sat signal to some sort of adapter and split it to RCA plugs. Something has to decode the signal.

Just an opinion..like I said, no expert.

Old 04-06-09, 04:52 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Is there a reason why you can't just use the red & white RCA out of the sat receiver to the sound system? Pass the tape out of the sound system to whatever is presently connected to the sat receiver's RCA outputs?

If not, you'll need a two-way splitter. One coax goes to the TV. The other has to be connected to a demodulator that must have red & white RCA connectors. The cheapest demod on the market right now is a DVD/VCR recorder/player with both analog and digital tuners. Pass the audio through it, and you have the added benefit of recording the programs on DVD or tape.