Automotive audio help

Old 04-06-09, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Automotive audio help

Kind of hoping that someone here can help me.
I have a travel trailer and want to purchase a 12v audio system. Problem is I want a jack so that I can plug in headphones so my wife can sleep and I can play music.

I have tried a home audio system and since the trailer is aluminium framed and paneled reception is horrible. I have a automotive type antenna installed on the trailer. The previous system played great but I didn't have headphones.
I have called about 50 manufacturers and no one make a 12v system with headphone capabilities.
What I'm wondering is there a genius out there that could wire up a radio/cd player for me.
I will pay cash. I'm looking at a high end receiver so I really want some who KNOWS they can do this.

Thanks n gracias

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 04-07-09 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-09, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Voltage has nothing to do with it. You can do this yourself if you have basic soldering skills. Find the two sets of wires that go to the front speakers. Install a DPDT switch and a headphone jack. One side of the switch will put the audio into the speakers; the other will activate the headphones. If you have rear speakers, use the Fader menu to shut them off while your wife is sleeping.