NHT A1 amps w/X1 crossover problem with H2 evolution subs

Old 05-15-09, 04:05 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NHT A1 amps w/X1 crossover problem with H2 evolution subs

I cannot get the crossover to come out of standby mode. I was playing music really loud one day and one of the amps went to protection mode and went to standby. I did what I have done before and just shut them down to cool and turn them back on and they are fine again. That worked for the A1 amps but now for the first time the crossover won't come out of standby. It never did that before. It would only happen to the amps. Any trouble shooting ideas????

Old 05-15-09, 09:04 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What kind of environment is the gear in? Enclosed case? If it got too hot you may have burned it up. The XO will heat slightly, but if the amps are in the same enclosed space they'll heat up the XO to the point of failure.

Old 05-16-09, 05:28 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
They are in a close environment but not enclosed. The 2 amps are stacked and the crossover is on top of both. When I use the system I keep the door open. But yeah you might be right over time (2 years) even with keeping the door open it could have just burned up. All the heat from the amps has been rising up to the crossover. But lets not give up with it yet. Can you think of any trouble shooting options? When I looked online @ NHT it shows the amps have a fuse in the back but the crossover has an internal one. Do you think it would go to standby even if the fuse was bad or would it just not have power at all? Just a thought but are there any other things I could try besides buying a new one or sending it for repair? Module testing etc?

Old 05-16-09, 06:10 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I found a schematic but it doesn't show the power supply. You should have +15 and -15 on the DC rails.

There doesn't seem to be any automatic protection or standby mode, but there is a mute function that activates discrete transistors which take the signal to ground just before the output connectors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: