Failed diode in a JVC Av-27BX4 TV - does anyone have a schematic?

Old 05-03-09, 10:28 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Failed diode in a JVC Av-27BX4 TV - does anyone have a schematic?

I have an older JVC TV (Model AV-27BX4) that has developed a loud buzzing in the audio after warming up for a few minutes. The problem appears to be an overheating zener diode in position D107 on what appears to be the audio card. The diode gets noticlbly hot in use (to the point of discoloring the board beneath. Hitting it with cold shot cures the buzzing temporarily (as does double-stick taping a piece of AL foil to it). The part marking is mostly obscured but may be (or include) a B2 or 82. Replacing the diode would be simple if I had a schematic to identify the exact part type. Does anyone have access to a schematic which would ID the part? The diode is nearby a Sony CXA1545AS microcircuit, if that might help in ID'ing it in the absence of a schematic.

Old 05-03-09, 08:22 PM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Tons of schematics here

I don't have time to check for you right now, but this site is a goldmine of schematics. It has a very... international flavor and is rather cumbersome to navigate when you first start but you'll get used to it. Use the browse tab then consumer electronics, then TV's,....

Hint: many of the drawing are broken up into as many as 5 files (almost always pdf's) and it will indicate how many down near the bottom of the opening page. You need to download them all and you can only do one at a time. Good luck.

Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics

Old 05-04-09, 07:58 PM
J
No joy yet

Thanks, there certainly was a goldmine of stuff in there, but unfortunately not the specific nugget I needed. I found 100+ JVC TVs, but none were the AV-27BX4 (or anything that looked like a close cousin). Any other possible sources for the schematic?

Old 05-05-09, 03:39 AM
C
Follow this link: Service Manual AV27BX4 .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: