anyone know how to adjust purity on a JVC TV?

Old 05-30-09, 07:13 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
anyone know how to adjust purity on a JVC TV?

My AV-36-F803 purity has never been right. I can adjust it in the menu but none of the settings are good, especially watching a hockey game with white ice. I just figured out how to get into the service menu, is there any adjustments in there that could help?

Old 05-30-09, 07:18 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Purity is a mechanical adjustment on the neck of the crt.

Old 06-01-09, 06:31 PM
L
This model has a purity adjustment thru the remote. It has a graphic S-------11--------N and it slides back and forth. One direction gives you blue in the lower left, the other direction gives me orange in lhe lower right. Unfortunately there is no happy medium. It really isn't noticable unless you are watching a hockey game with a complete white ice arena. The set has been like that since day 1.

Old 06-02-09, 02:51 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
The actual purity adjustment is on the neck of the picture tube.If your lucky the neck will have purity rings on it.If it only has a band around the neck of the tube ,then your SOL.It was set wrong at the factory and there is no fixing it.The purity in the menu is a minor adjustment for if the set is facing east ,west ,north or south to make up for the earths magnetic field affecting the original adjustment.

Old 06-02-09, 05:14 AM
L
Is it possible that the set just needs degaussed? If so, what could I use to degauss it? Years ago I used to use a large gun-type soldering iron that did the job, I never had a big ring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: