Question RE: Running TV cable into adjacent room


Old 06-07-09, 06:44 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question RE: Running TV cable into adjacent room


I have TV cable in one bedroom of my house, but not in the adjacent room. (Adjacent meaning a single wall separating the two rooms). Obviously, I want to split the cable and run it through the wall into the next room. Anyone know of any guides on how to do this properly without ruining anything? Do I have to install a face plate for the cable? Do I run it through a stud or just directly through two holes in the drywall? I've never done this before, so any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-09, 12:10 PM
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,767
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The easiest way is to jusr drill a hole in through the drywall in both rooms, from the one side, then poke te wire through. Better would be to use a plate. You might be able to install a splitter in the wall.

It would be wiser though, to home run this other room to the master splitter in your house.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: