Audio/Video Reciever help - Total Novice

Old 05-26-09, 06:49 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Audio/Video Reciever help - Total Novice

I will preface this with teh fact that I am total novice and the more i look at Receivers, the more I don't understand them.

I am looking to buy a receiver that I can wire up 2 outdoor speakers to and connect my Ipod to (in addition to being a surround sound receiver for my tv)

I dont need 7.1 surround. 5.1 will suffice.

Obviously, I would not want the tv sound coming out of my outdoor speakers.

Does that make sense? Any recommendations or at least tell me the tech specs that I should be looking for?

Thanks

Cantona

PS. I am not loking to drop more than $500 on this...I am quite happy at entry level even less if possible!

Old 05-27-09, 03:28 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Quite a few of the 7.1 receivers can be configured for dual-zone operation. Zone 1 would be your interior 5.1 surround, and Zone 2 would feed your outdoor speakers.

The Denon AVR-1709 is a good example. In fact, the street price is around $300.

Old 06-11-09, 03:08 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rick

Sorry for my tardiness in saying thank you!

For some reason logging into the site has been hit and miss for me.

I went ahead and bought the Denon for 189.99 yesterday, along with an Ipod dock.

For some reason though I thought that pluggin up my outdoor speakers to the 2nd zone would be as easy as connecting wires.

Alas, my ignorance.

Instructions say a "Pre Main Amp (integrated) should be connected to the multi zone". (the connections seem to be component connections).

What the heck is a pre main amp (integrated)???? and does this mean the ipod dock should connect to this or the denon???

Again, apologies, I am very much at the begining of my learning curve

One further question

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: