sound question

Old 06-28-09, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
sound question

what can cause the sound to go from loud to barley being able to hear it to back to loud over and over. when i play a dvd this happens. i got the dvd player hooked up to a am/fm 8-track player. is it the 8-track player the dvd the dvd player or the audio wires from the dvd player. the speakers are fine i tired it with another pair same result. its annoying when you watching a movie and the sound keeps dropping just above a whisper then back to loud. any ideas. the dvd player is set to selective scan if it makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-09, 11:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sound problem

Well lets see. Has an 8 track player so unit is old. Did you indicate if it also does it with the AM/FM and the 8 track part. Some spray control cleaner is in order for switches and controls and connections. And switching out cables is a good idea. Trying different componets like a different dvd player and etc. Also the RCA type plugs on the wires , tend to spread and not give a good tight fit. After all the switching and changing and cleaning , if it still does it then I would be looking at the amplifier in the AM/FM 8 track unit.

Old 06-28-09, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
does not do it in radio mode although i have to jiggle the dial to get both speakers to work sometimes and then sometimes one will cut out so i have to jiggle the dial again. (both the left right selector and the mode selector. i have swapped out stereos and so far no issues for sound dropping low. i also have a hi-fi vcr hooked up to it and have not noticed it with the VCR. the RCA wires for the dvd do not have the pedals on them there solid round for a tight fit.

Old 07-05-09, 12:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sound problem

It's time to get very close to a can of spray control cleaner and see what happens. Next stop! , Radio Shack!