Sony Trinitron Blank Screem

Old 07-09-09, 07:40 PM
mrm
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

When the power to the set is turned on, my Sony Trinitron Model # KV-30HS420 television has a blank screen and flashes diagnostic code 6. What does this code mean and what do I need to do to repair the set?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-09, 07:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I was given a Sony Trinitron console tv, that also went blank on the previous owners (hence why they gave it to me). I took it because it looks nice.

I am hoping it's a $19.95 part inside that went bad. I have it in storage out of town. I will contact my local tv repair shop and see what the guy says. I have never dealt with the guy and hope he is friendly and helpful, and not someone who will say, "Well? I'll be glad to take a look at it for you. My rates are $129 an hour and that's if you bring it in. If I find the problem within 15 minutes, it is still going to be $129."

Old 07-10-09, 11:31 PM
Does it still have sound?

Old 07-11-09, 01:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by craftsman_50 View Post
Does it still have sound?
Me?, or mrm?

I do not know. One of these days i have to pick up that set at that old lady's house before she gets mad at me. I suppose I could go there and plug it in and see.

I only remembering the couple who gave me the tv set said the picture just went out when they were watching it. That is all I recall.

You going to have me reset a reset buttion or something simple like that, if no sound?

Old 07-13-09, 05:33 PM
mrm

When the power to the set is turned on the set makes the same noises that it always made but the screen remains blank and there is no sound. The red LED beside the power button flashes 6 times, pauses and repeats until the power is turned off.

Before this probelm occured, the picture color would go to black and white for brief periods.

Thanks for the help.