VCR Hook-Up Issue

Old 08-11-09, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
VCR Hook-Up Issue

Hi:
The Comcast Service Tech. hooked-up Digital Box with the TV yesterday, but he told me that he was not able to hook-up with the VCR.

When I called Comcast this morning, they told me that the Comcast does NOT hook-up with VCR. Only the job they do is Digital Box related to the Comcast because of its liability, ... such as in case the tech. accidently break the VCR.

I have no knowledge at all once coming to the digital stuff.

My question is:
How to find a service tech. who is willing to do this job with a decent pay?

Thanks for any help on this regard in advance.

Old 08-11-09, 10:49 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
If the VCR has an in and out coax jack you should be able to run the out from the cable box to the in of the VCR then run the out of the VCR to your TV and it should work out.

The VCR would be tuned probably to channel 3 always so you could not use the VCRs tuner but you could use it's timer as long as all settings were for channel 3...which is the normal channel for cable output.

Old 08-11-09, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the response.

The problem also might be aggrevate to the fact that I want to 'watch' and 'record' simultaneously. For instance, Iwant to record Channel 4 while watching Channel 9, and the like.

Is there any way for me to do the job?
Or, should I consult an electronical tech, although I honestly do NOT know where and which place doing this sort of work? Radio Shack does this sort of work? Where should I look for?

Any idea on this would be truly appreciated.

Old 08-12-09, 01:42 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Because the channel is changed by the cable box, you won't be able to watch one and record the other. Your two options for that are (1) a second cable box for the VCR, or (2) a DVR supplied by the cable company. Both will cost extra $$.

I would opt for the DVR. VCRs are on the way out and the picture quality will not be as good as a DVR's.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: