Admiral TV

Old 10-04-00, 12:56 PM
rickejjt
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum. If not, please refer me to another place. I'm looking at buying an 1998,Admiral, 19" Television Set for $75. Is that a good deal? I've never heard anything about Admiral Brand Televisions.
I'm looking at buying an 1994,JVC Stereo for $75. Is that a good deal?

Old 10-05-00, 08:57 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Morning, rickejjt:
To my knowledge, Admiral Television has been out of business a number of years. For years they were a leader in the industry but their television sets in later years were fire hazards. Several lawsuits from sets bursting into flames finally ended the company. If you have a 1998 Admiral, it must be a clone that has appeared. I find nothing on parts or repair support for this brand. I would suggest you look elsewhere.

JVC, however, is still with us and marketing electronics in a number of fields. In most respects, the JVC Stereo units are a good 20 year units. Not having the specs on the unit, however, I cannot tell you if the selling price is high, low, or just right. The company has service centers, parts are available, and predict the company will continue to grow.

Smokey

Old 10-05-00, 05:51 PM
rickejjt
Visiting Guest
Smile

Smokey,
Thanks for the heads up on Admiral TVs. I wasn't that impressed with the stark appearance and minimal features of the TV set.

The Stereo is a JVC Stereo Receiver, Serial #13990629, Model #CAC33bk. The Speaker # is 33BK. What do you think?

Old 10-06-00, 07:31 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Admiral is just a name. The 1998 owners of it may have been very diffrent than the ones that built faulty sets, but could aslo be the same ones, or differen owners that build bad
sets. Who knows? Just buy a name bran you
know has been the same company for years.

Old 10-06-00, 03:12 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Cool

Thank you, Gary, for your input and support. We've always appreciated your inputs to this site.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: