T.V. Repair

Old 10-23-00, 05:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

To whom it may concern,

I have a Panasonic T.V., Model # CT-32G21U, S/N LD62990791, Class #
ALEDP276. For the past month it has been shutting off while watching it. What happens is, first I will hear a clicking sound and then it shuts off and after about 10 min. it will come back on. It will continue to do
this, taking a longer time to come on each time.

Would you have any suggestions? I have gone to a few repair shops and explained what was happening with my T.V. All said that it would cost me about $300.00 - $400.00, without ever telling what the problem may
be. I would rather chew off my arm, than pay that amount of money!

Please help!?

Sincerely,

Richard S. Lucente

Old 10-24-00, 06:07 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Wink

Good Morning, Richard:
When I hear of these problems, I think of "remote" control problems. Since the remote control is a coded Infra-Red device, you may have a light source in the room that is triggering the remote control receiver in the set.

If you deduce that this is the problem, you can "desensitize" the IR receiver on the set by:
1. Locate the IR Receiver Port on the front of the television set.
2. Cut a piece of black electrician's tape long enough to cover the IR Receiver Port.
3. Cut a small, rectangular opening in the tape with the opening parallel to the bottom
of the TV Screen |__________|.
4. Put the tape on the television set.

This will limit the wavelength of the IR pulses being received at the set and will usually correct any outside sources from triggering the unit.

Smokey

Old 10-24-00, 07:55 AM
Visiting Guest
To me, this sounds more like a power supply current limiter or temperature limit cutting out. It could even be as simple as a cold solder joint. Sounds more time/temperature sensitive than random.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: