AT&T U-Verse

Old 02-15-10, 07:39 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AT&T U-Verse

I'm thinking about switching to this service and wanted to know if anyone had any pros or cons. It's one of the top-ranked services according to Consumer Reports and would save me quite a bit of money and headache from my current service. I'm looking at doing the TV/Internet bundle if anyone cares.

Old 02-18-10, 06:09 AM
B
I have U-verse and I like it very much. I have had DishNetwork (about 8yrs ago) and then I had DirecTv for the last 7 yrs. I got U-verse about 3 months ago. The U-verse's picture is cleaner and sound is much better then both satellite systems. I have HD and all the channels, and the highest internet speed I could get in my area (up to 12 mb vs my old AT&T DSL pier, which was 768kb). My internet at home is SOOOO much faster than the basic DSL I had. Videos and music download in a tenth of the time they did before.

AT&T advertises the U-verse as whole house DVR and it is, kinda. The main receiver, which houses the DVR, needs to be placed on the TV that you use the most and the TV that you want to be able to rewind/pause live TV, because the other receivers cannot rewind/pause live TV, at least not yet. I was told that eventually there will be a software upgrade that will allow all receivers to do this.

Another thing to be EXTREMELY careful of...watch your bill because AT&T tends to make the bill higher then its suppose to be. Go on ATT.com; there is a forum there...where people are talking about their complaints and such.

I had a guy show up at my house and try to sell me the U-verse. For what I was paying for my DirecTv (I had almost all the channels) and the AT&T home phone line and DSL, I could get all the AT&T U-verse (with all the channels, except the foreign channels, and super fast internet) for about $35.00 more than what I was paying and theres no contract either.

Don't be afraid to negociate a certain price level and make sure if you sign up, that they are honoring the negociated price you agreed upon.

Old 02-19-10, 12:24 AM
S
I have had it for a few months. It is a little cheaper than what I had before which was Cox. The only complaint is that the internet is slower. I have 40 meg download speed and I now have about 6 megs. But to be honest I haven't noticed the difference. the billing thing is a little frustrating and you have to stay on them.
All and all I like it better than Cox. One of the main reason is the DVR. I can record more and watch it in different rooms. My wife can watch one recorded movie and I can watch another in a different room while recording two shows.

Old 02-19-10, 04:18 AM
B
Thanks for the replys. As of today, they haven't contacted me about installation, so they're not starting off to well. I actually spoke with a coworker of mine who had U-Verse for about a month and hated it so bad that he went back with Comcast. Hopefully I won't have the same experience.

Old 02-22-10, 10:07 AM
Baseal. I have it, have had for over 1 year now. Always worked fine for me. If you have not signed up yet be sure to get the $250 VISA cards they have available for new signups. When calling about service be sure to say "well I'm going to see what cable has to offer" they'll throw the VISA cards at you left and right. They are hard up for customers due to the economy trust me.
One more thing. If you haven't signed up yet let me refer you. I'll get $25

PM me if you please.

Old 02-22-10, 11:19 AM
B
Thanks bobed, but I've already signed up. I was offered a Visa card if I stay with them for 6 weeks, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, I never received an email regarding my installation time, so I called and they had my account in some sort of "negotiating" phase. Basically it wasn't going anywhere until I called. I thought when I signed up, I was going to be able to see available installation times and dates and be able to choose, but this wasn't the case. I'm not too pleased with the sign-up process, but hopefully everything else will go smoothly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: