Which Logitech remote, if any ?

Old 04-04-10, 03:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Which Logitech remote, if any ?

Hello Folks,

I own a Sharp TV (LC-42D62U) and a Sony DVD/CD/FM/AM sound system (DAV-HDX587WC). I would like to buy a remote, which controls both components, and which supports more than 16 favorite TV channels. The Sharp TV itself supports 16 favorite channels. The Logitech website indicates several remotes are compatible with our components, but I can't tell if any of these remotes offer an expanded favorite channel capability. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Andrei

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-10, 10:36 AM
I own a Harmony One and friggin' love it!

When you set up the remote you'll create a 'Watch TV' activity. During that set up you can create a favorite channels listing. It will accept up to 24 channels. On the touchscreen you'll have 6 listings per page, 4 pages. What's also cool is that you can download the channel icons for those channels. Touch the icon on the screen and off you go.

Setting up the activities is fairly straight forward. With the activites set up my 8 year old (and the wife) can now easily switch between watching TV, playing on the Wii and playing a DVD. The remote sends the appropriate command to turn the components on/off as well as selecting the video input. You'll spend on hour or so setting it up but its time well spent - no more calls to dad at work having to talk some through 'press the TV button - press input - select video 2 - press the button labled cbl/sat - etc ...'

Old 04-06-10, 03:55 AM
AFAIK all Harmony programmable remotes can hold a Favorites list. The $99 650 certainly can do it, and my trusty old 550 can do it with some creative programming.

Old 04-07-10, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the help! Andrei