No sound from Panasonic home theater speakers but Ok on TV.

Old 06-30-10, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No sound from Panasonic home theater speakers but Ok on TV.

I have a 5-year old Panasonic home theater system. Recently some movers picked it up an moved it out of the way when moving things in. After that the sound seemed to disappear from the speakers but still played fine on the TV speakers (it is connected to the TV using component cables). Also plays video fine.

I checked all the connections and fiddled with all the settings on the remote but nothing. Then all of a sudden the sound came back on the HT speakers. A couple of days later it's back to the same thing. All the wire connections appear to be ok and tight.

I know that the CD/DVD player is fine as the output to TV is working. Could it be the woofer/amplifier? Or could it have something to do with the settings?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-10, 04:58 AM
Does the power shut off when the unit stops working? If it has a removeable power cord, make sure it's fully seated in the socket.

A short in the speaker wiring could also cause the unit to shut down.

Old 07-01-10, 12:32 PM
No, the power does not shut off. I wondered about having shorted the speaker wires, but there are 5 separate speakers that connect to the woofer. I thought it unlikely that I could have shored all of them.

Old 07-02-10, 04:49 AM
Many times the entire unit will shut down if one of the wires is shorted.

Can you check the woofer/amp with another source? Boom box or ipod maybe? Can you check the output of the head unit with another receiver/amp?