No power flat panel TV

Old 09-16-10, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No power flat panel TV

Rroscan 19LA25Q, all of a sudden no power TV will not come on and indicator light does not come on. Outlet is live. I brought power supply to shop for testing and it tested OK so issue is with TV. Is there any type of fuse or reset button in these that a power surge may have tripped or should I consider it junk?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-10, 07:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 52 Posts
Never heard of that brand. If it is not under warranty then I would crack it open and see if you can find a fuse. If not, its junk.

Old 09-17-10, 04:55 AM
Thanks, I think Proscan is a big box brand not sure which one. Thanks I will open her up and take a look.

Old 09-17-10, 05:16 AM
Many TVs will automatically reset after being unplugged for 24 hours.

First, though, if it has a computer-style power cable, make sure it is fully seated in the TV's connector. Even if it looks like it's plugged in, it could still not be making a good connection.

Old 09-17-10, 07:39 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I brought power supply to shop for testing and it tested OK
And how did they test it? Did they just check the voltage with a DVM? If so it could still be bad. It could be it is not working under load. Is this a regular wall wart, DC or AC, what voltage. I'd try a different power supply. First though I'd plug the TV in a different known good receptacle.

Old 09-17-10, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
First though ...
Hey! No fair! My "first though" was first!

I never stopped to think that the TV could be powered from a wall wart. The manufacturer name is actually ProScan, and it isn't a wall-wart. It is an outboard power supply with two cables -- one to the AC recep and one to the TV.

Those low-voltage connections are also likely to fail if the small connector that plugs into the TV has been subjected to any stress. Especially if it was on a 90-degree angle.

A quick search revealed that it is a common problem in those TVs. Replacing the power supply solves the problem.

Old 09-17-10, 03:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I think I remember selling ProScan TV's when i worked at Circuit City in the late 90's, though this response doesn't do much to help you out.

Old 09-17-10, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by smallengineguy View Post
Thanks, I think Proscan is a big box brand not sure which one. Thanks I will open her up and take a look.
Ohh...Proscan! sure I have seen them. Your first post says "Rroscan" Should have known it was a typo with the double R