Mitsubishi CS-35301 No Vertical Hold and PIP Not Working

Old 10-28-10, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi CS-35301 No Vertical Hold and PIP Not Working

Hi
My 1994 Mitsubishi CS-35301 has recently been showing rolling pictures and will stop for short periods and then start again. I also noticed my PIP does not work and that may have something to do with it.I never use the PIP,but read on the net
it may be related to my current problem.
I believe Craftsman is familiar with these Mitsubishi problems from previous questions several years ago.
I need to know where I start, as I have theback cover off but am fairlyignorant about where capacitors and such are to be found.
Is there a schematic online anywhere that could help.
I am open to any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-10, 05:47 PM
OK,this take the non technical route.It's most likely a capacitor going bad.First blow out all the dust from the circuit board.You need to get a couple of cans of "freeze " spray from an electronics store and a hair dryer.Your going to be operating the set with the back off and powered on,so you NEED TO BE CAREFULL not to touch anything.
First turn on the set and find a channel were it is not rolling.Then use the hair dryer to heat up the circuit board a small area at a time untill it starts rolling.Now use the freeze spray on the area that started the set rolling to see if the rolling stops.If this works ,so when heated it rolls and coolling it stops the rolling ,then we can find the problem fairly easy. Let me know what you find.

Old 10-30-10, 10:00 PM
You might be able to find a circuit diagram within a service manual at this site. They have various subscription options.

FSM Download Directory | Service Manual and Repair Manuals

Old 11-03-10, 03:58 PM
I tried the small tv hookup from my CS-35301 Mitsubishi and no vertical hold problems at all.
Then I removed the PIP module and proceeded to bypass the PIP.
We tried the bypass as advised by previous posters but had no luck. No picture and frozen horizontal lines across screen, but sound. We were not sure which pin connector socket VP or FP to stick the capcitors into and the ground in . .We used VP. Which socket do you use?????
I did notice today that C7036{on top left hand side of PIP module has stains. Could that part be my problem???
C7001 may have them also. Someone mentioned in previous archive posts to replace C7001 and C7002 as a possible solution before trying to bypass PIP. I found C7001, but The only place I found C7002 was the other side of the module and not accessible by an amateur. I couuld not find it on the front side.
Anyway, where do I go from here? I could try to replace C7001 and C7036 if that may fix my vertical hold problem, or do i try to bypass again with more specific directions????
My other question is Is their an affordable 930B552 PIP module online anywhere?
Sorry for all the rambling but this is tricky stuff for me so far.

Old 11-03-10, 05:22 PM
I no longer have the service manual for this set,so I'm unable to give you pin numbers on how to bypass the module.Using the simple method I told you about will let you know if the pip module is even the problem.

Old 11-03-10, 07:18 PM
No Change With Hair Dryer Application...

Hi
We tried the hair dryer approach to the circuit board with no effect on anything. The tv had been off for two days.
What the picture is doing now at start up, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to stabilize, then when camera view angle changes on a program, the image flickers and rolls for three seconds. Then it restabilizes until picture view angle changes. Rolling is dependent on camera angle it seems.
Picture is sharp and clear otherwise.
As i stated in my previous post,using a small tv thru the video out of my Mitsubishi showed no rolling problems and stable picture.

What should be the next step?

Roger

Roger

Old 11-04-10, 02:32 PM
Update: PIP Module Reacted To Hair Dryer and Air Spray

I tried the hair dyer again today Thursday, and it appeared to stop the rolling when I put heat on the PIP module. The area around or above the sliver cover on the PIP module. I used the compressed air which did start up the rolling and I used the hair dryer again to stop the rolling in the same general area.
The PIP remote setting was black, with traces of an image, not rolling, but the inside of the PIP was moving.
After ten minutes the picture rolling returned to the tv and the PIP began rolling fast again.
So it appears to be the PIP module as the source.
What options do I have now?
Can the module be repaced and is it available anywhere?
or, what can I do to correctly bypass the PIP if that is possible?

Thanks

Roger

Old 11-04-10, 05:26 PM
At 16 years old there is not many parts still available. If you have good soldering skills the pip module can be fixed.

Old 11-04-10, 11:52 PM
How can it be fixed?????????

Old 11-05-10, 05:28 PM
You fix it using very good soldering skills and replacement caps.The bad caps are surface mounted,so you really need to be good at soldering.If you just want to bypass the board,keep surfing the net.The instructions are out there.