50 inch Phillips TV DLP at the repairman ready to be fixed. Can I do it myself?

Old 11-17-10, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
50 inch Phillips TV DLP at the repairman ready to be fixed. Can I do it myself?

I recently took my Phillips 50 inch TV DLP into the repairman to get a free estimate. Last year during a storm there was a power surge and the tv went out. Turns on for a minute, then goes off and has a red light at the power button in the front. Anyway, the repairman called me and said it needs a fan and a new bulb. He said total cost would be 240.00 dollars. I was wondering before I let him do it, is it worth the money. Can I find someone else that would do it cheaper? Can i fix this myself? Any input would be appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-10, 05:38 PM
I would say that was a good deal if he warranties his work .

Old 11-19-10, 11:50 AM
thanks for the response. i went and picked up the tv due to right now with christmas i cant get it done. i was also thinking about fixing it myself. i called another technician i found on craigslist. he seemed to think it is an easy fix of installing a new bulb, (not generic he said). he wanted the model number to get me a quote also. the model number in case you need it is 50pl9126d/37. if in fact i can do it myself, which is the name of this website, lol. where would i get the info on that. i understand also about there might still be electric current in the tv even when it is not plugged in. could you elaborate on that please? i appreciate any input again. thanks.

Old 11-20-10, 06:31 AM
Depending on your skills,you can do it yourself.The original replacement lamp is about $170 .Thats without the cage assymbly.Just leave the tv unpluged overnight to get rid of any electric charge.