Sony Trinitron Wega Tv won't turn on

Old 11-27-10, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Sony Trinitron Wega Tv won't turn on

Hello,

I have a sony TV bought new a good 5 yrs ago or so. My son uses it for his video games now. About a few weeks ago he was playing in the evening, and the next morning the tv wouldn't turn on. When you press the little power button (no remote) on the tv the light beside it starts to slowly flash red. There is no sound that comes out of the tv when trying to turn on as well. It feels as though it is unplugged except for the light. Does this sound like something that can be fixed? and can i fix it myself? Would greatly appreciate a helping word or two.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-10, 02:59 PM
It all depends on if the parts are still available and your skill level.

Old 11-29-10, 09:47 AM
but what do i look for to know what part I need? and yes, I am a hearty do it yourselfer, I can pretty much figure anything out given enough time.

Old 11-29-10, 05:12 PM
Please post the model# and if you have a multimeter and soldering iron.

Old 11-30-10, 08:38 AM
The model number is KV-32FS120. I also found this on another site to fix.:

"Nine blinks - Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error. If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or -13 (negitive)."

I do not have a sodering gun and multimeter though.

Old 11-30-10, 05:19 PM
If your not good with a multimeter and soldering iron,then trying to fix a tv is not a project I would recomend taking on.

Old 12-04-10, 09:35 PM
I have a Sony Trinitron Wega TV

I was watching my TV earlier this evening. My wife and I went out to get something to eat and upon returning home, she tried to turn on the TV and the sound came on for about 3 - 5 seconds but no picture, then the TV automatically shut off. The little red power light just blinks on and off. First if was blinking on/off seven times quickly, then about a 2 -3 second pause, then repeats itself. Then, I tried it again, but this time it blinked only 4 times. Then I tried it again, and still different, six times this time. I found a sight that explains the different blinking frequencies and what they may mean. It sounds like a main board may have went out on it. I bought the TV in January 2006. Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if I should just buy another TV. Thanks

Old 12-05-10, 04:23 AM
Please post the model number.