LG DU42PX12X no picture after 2 minutes

Old 12-21-10, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LG DU42PX12X no picture after 2 minutes

Hello,
Friend is ready to throw this plasma TV away so I'm giving it a shot at figuring it out. I plug the television in, attach coax to the input and get sound and picture. The menu selections work.....everything seems to work just fine. After about 2 minutes of watching and listening to normal television - the video just goes away. The sound remains, I can change channels and listen to stuff but the video never comes back. Pressing the menu button I assume works but I cannot see anything on the screen. I can turn the TV off and wait for a moment, turn it back on and go through the same thing. I have taken the back of the TV off (like I know what I am looking at or for). I don't see anything 'unusual', no blown caps on anything or burnt marks. There are two fans that turn on and run too.
Anyone have any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-10, 05:27 AM
Check the output voltages on the power supply.It should be labeled on the connectors,or monitor the voltages looking for a change when the video goes off.

Old 12-24-10, 07:48 PM
I checked all the voltages I could find on the various boards. Every spot that had a voltage mentioned had power...somewhat lower than printed on the board but close...like the 6 volt would read 5.4 or the 25 volt was around 19 and the 3.5 was around 3.1 and so on.
Power at the wall was 116 volts. Power from the on/off switch to the power supply board was fluttering around 113 until the picture went away then became stable at 116.

Old 12-26-10, 03:13 PM
I would go with replacing the control board.