Connecting together a Samsung monitor and a Blu-Ray player... Help!

Old 12-30-10, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Connecting together a Samsung monitor and a Blu-Ray player... Help!

I recently acquired a Samsung B2330 LCD monitor and a Samsung Blu-Ray player, BD-P1600, with the intention of watching DVDs and instant movies from Netflix. I connected the two devices with a DVI-to-HDMI cable and plugged the Ethernet cable from the modem to the Blu-Ray's Ethernet port. I plugged in both devices to the wall outlet. The monitor and the BD are not talking to me or to each other, however. The monitor displays a question: "Do you want to upgrade the firmware? Yes or NO?" The BD player just says "Load Disc" or some such message. The Samsung representative said they were going to send me a CD to, presumable, upgrade the firmware. I still think the devices should be talking to me or to each other, though, even if the firmware is not the latest.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-10, 02:49 AM
Welcome to the forums.

My first thought was the monitor wasn't capable of HDCP, but it's clearly in the specs. Perhaps that's the reason for the firmware upgrade?

Does the BR player work if you use the component outputs? (If it has them.) It should recognize a disc either way.

Old 12-30-10, 03:29 AM
Connecting... not

Thank you for the reply. The BD player has component outputs but I don't have a device handy to plug them into (a TV set). It will recognize a DVD and play it, but no one will watch it unless there is a monitor plugged into it.

Old 12-30-10, 03:55 PM
That answered my question. In your first post you said the BR player showed "Load Disc". I thought you meant it was an error message.

Hopefully the firmware update will take care of the issue.