sony kp-53v45

Old 12-31-10, 12:33 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sony kp-53v45

can some one help? the picture is all snow and no sound. I have checked all setting (except one obviously LOL) but I think I have checked all bases. disconnected the cable box and ran direct into tv . pluged another tv in to make sure its not the cable line.I can play dvd so the pictue works byt not with antena or cable. what am I missing?

Old 01-01-11, 05:38 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Are you sure the settings haven't changed? "Cable", or "CATV", is not the same as "Antenna".

When and how did this start happening? Did you make any changes to the system?

If it isn't the cable box, and it isn't the connectors on the cable itself, the next culprit is the connection at the TV. The only way to check that is to open it up and make sure the connections haven't broken or come loose. After that, it's going to be a bad tuner.

In the meantime, if you have a VCR lying around (or if the DVD has a tuner in it) you could connect the cable to it, then connect the VCR/DVD's AV outputs to the TV.

Old 01-01-11, 10:34 AM
F
Thanks Rick. yes to the first answer . it happened just the other day . my daughter unpluged the game system and it wouldnt go back to picture when we went from video to the cable setting. I never thought of the dvd tuner ill try it . how about the s video line would that work also?

Old 01-02-11, 05:34 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
S video will give you a better picture than the yellow composite RCA.

When she unplugged the game system did she damage the TV's "F" cable connector?

Old 01-02-11, 08:18 AM
F
I dont think so but anything is possible,the good thing is it gave me a reason to get my new 50 inch lol but I dont want to get rid of this one if its a simple fix. if anything it will still work for there game system in there room .I was hoping i could run the s cable from the cable box to get the picture and im still exploring the tuner angle . I need to get a dvd with tuner first. thanks for all the help.

Old 01-03-11, 06:32 AM
F
Well ,it must be the tv tuner. If I run the video and sound from the cable box to video in on the dvd and video out from the dvd to tv and put the tv on video one I can change the channle on the cable box and everything works fine.Thank you for the help and I hope this thread helps someone in the future.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: