tv screens

Old 02-13-11, 08:44 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
tv screens

If I buy one of several devices available for around $25-$50 to put my computer to TV screen: do those things have automatic circuitry to do the "right size" of whatever screen I use? Or, is that something I have to manually set? Also, maybe that's something that I have to tailor to the TV I'm using. How does this work?

Old 02-14-11, 03:52 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The converter will dictate the maximum resolution it can handle, but if this is going to feed an older CRT TV you'll want to set the resolution to 800 x 600, which is about the max for a standard def TV.

Old 02-14-11, 12:20 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good info. Thanks. One TV is an old 50' Toshiba, and the other is a big, heavy, RCa, 32" screen.

Anything special I need for that? I was thinking of buying two ea of Ebay devices.

Old 02-14-11, 03:24 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Any VGA to video converter will work. Connect the VGA from the computer to the device, and connect the device to the TV's A/V or S-video input. Connect the sound from the computer to the TV with a 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter cable.

That's not to say that it will work well.

Text will be tough to see on the TV, but streaming TV shows and movies will look okay. Before we went all new-fangled and high-tech, we used an old AverMedia converter to catch up on three seasons of Lost that were available on ABC's website.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: