mistubishi ck-3527 color goes in and out

Old 03-24-11, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question mistubishi ck-3527 color goes in and out

I have a Mitsubishi television model number ck-3527r from 1992 that was just given to me by a family member, that I put in my children's room. When I installed it, the picture was in black and white with a slight yellow hue in some areas. After a little while, I looked at the picture and it was in full color. I just turned it back on, and it seems to have the same problem...no color. Seen as though hitting the unit doesn't seem to make any difference, I would assume it isn't a problem of a bad solder. It seems like maybe the unit heats up and gets better. Does anybody have any info or tips? It would be quite helpful, seen as though this hulk of a fossil is a pain to get in and out of my apartment and I don't have the $100 for a tech to come out. I do have a slight technical background from ITT Technical Institute. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-11, 05:28 PM
Problem is a surface mounted cap going bad in PIP module. The only way to find it is by using a hair dryer and chill spray.

Old 03-24-11, 05:57 PM
Will remedy the problem. Thank you craftsman_50, you saved me a lot of money, time, and hassle.