Toshiba Remote Failure

Old 10-17-11, 12:21 PM
H
Received 8 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Toshiba Remote Failure

I have two Toshiba Regza LCD sets. The power button on both remotes has quit working, but all of the other remote features are still ok. Is there anything serviceable here? I assume only the power button failed because it gets used more than the others.

Old 10-18-11, 04:47 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I've taken remotes apart and cleaned the contacts with an ink eraser (and a light touch). That's the easy part. Putting it back together is a challenge.

Seems to me, though, that the volume and channel up/down buttons would get more use.

Old 10-19-11, 07:10 AM
H
Thanks Rick

The channel and volume are controlled by my cable box remote, so I just use the TV remote for power.

Old 10-19-11, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I'd try taking one apart and see if cleaning fixes the issue, though in my experience it doesn't last long. The conductive pad is probably worn out (how old are the TVs?).

If it's just for power, why not buy a couple of $5 remotes at Wally World? Thats what I finally did for my older sets. Nice little GE universal. It's actually easier to use then the original. Buttons larger and more logically placed. Just keep the original remotes around for when you need to do any programming that the replacement isn't capable off.

Old 11-08-11, 07:41 AM
H
Bought New Ones

When I started the thread, I was remembering having to replace a remote for a 1980's Mitsubishi and I think it was $85. I got 2 Toshiba replacements off the internet for $24 incl shipping. Technology marches on. These sets are 5 yrs old.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: