My Hitachi will not respond to any remote

Old 11-25-11, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My Hitachi will not respond to any remote

I have a Hitachi LCD Color TV Modal L32AX03A and it will not respond to any remote.
I have replaced the batteries three or four times and still no results. I have turned of the main power, unplugged it and still no response. Please help

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-11, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the forums.

First, check the menu and manual to make sure the infrared (IR) control hasn't accidentally been disabled. Some TVs allow that as an option so they can be used in commercial environments.

Next, make sure the remote is working. Most digital and cell phone cameras can see the IR pulses. Try the camera with a known working remote to make sure the camera can see them. Then aim the Hitachi remote at the camera lens and push some buttons. If you don't see the pulses it's the remote and not the TV.

If you use a universal or programmable remote, make sure the remote is programmed with the correct code for the model number of the TV. Check it with the camera to make sure it is producing pulses.

After you've confirmed the remote is working, try it right next to the IR sensor on the TV. If it works you know that something in the room is interfering with the signal (sunlight, fluorescent lights, etc.).

If it still doesn't work it could be the IR sensor or circuit inside the TV. If you're not comfortable replacing components inside the TV it's time to take it to the repair shop.

Old 01-27-14, 06:12 PM
same problem

hey ive got the same problem with my hitachi tv and ive did the trick with the camera and my remote is clearly working but not with my tv, but what im wondering is how do i check the IR settings in the menu if the remote does not work, theres no other way to get to the menu

Old 01-27-14, 09:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 475 Votes on 445 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Is that the original remote that is no longer working ? (batteries were replaced ?)
Doesn't your Hitachi have a panel down bottom in the front that opens with buttons ?