Controller for DirectTV Receiver ?

Old 01-16-12, 12:03 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Controller for DirectTV Receiver ?

I really hate having to point the controller at the receiver. I know you can get RF Recivers/Transmitters to allow for the DirectTV Receiver to be located remotely.

Why don't the Satellite and Cable companies just make a RF capable unit. I used to have a large dish "C-Band" and that controller was RF. Is this just so they can sell another receiver for each TV location?

Old 01-16-12, 03:07 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Dish Network's "whole house" remote is both IR and RF.

There are third-party RF remotes that you can buy, but they aren't cheap.

Another option is IR repeaters. Locate the sensors in each room where there's a TV, and connect via wires to an IR blaster that attaches to the front of the receiver.

Old 01-28-12, 07:15 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I know its been a minute since you asked but heres your answer, it really depends on the reciever you have. If you have the DTV HR20 the remote that comes with it is IR but if you have, or get, one of their newer HD recievers the remote that comes with it will do both, Trick is you have to set it to RF in the menu of the reciever. If you call DTV and request an RF remote odds are theyll sort one out for you. The RF remote loks just like the standard version & is compatable with most of their recievers even if the reciever came with an IR only version. Hope that helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: